Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Some Video Footage

Finally getting down to trying to memorize and polish some songs. Here are some first efforts. Maybe not too smooth, but I thought I'd give it a go. I'd like to have a few songs that I can just whip out if someone happens to have a ukulele sitting around begging for some attention!

The first one is "Maui Girl," a nice little tune and pretty known in uke circles. It is a great "hapa haole" song. For the uninitiated, this term indicates a mixed Hawaiian/English lyric.



And here we have "I Can't Give You Anything But Love," recorded by the Mills Brothers back in the 1930's. I like the chord progressions and the general sound. It makes me think of my dad, as a number of these old Tin Pan Alley tunes do. Ukulele players seem to seem to have an affection for these type of tunes.



Gotta run now but I'll be coming back soon with more songs of other musical genres. 'Til later...

No comments: